Hello there 🙂
Welcome to Fatten The Wallet. As the name might suggest, this blog is anything money 💰related. If you’re looking for ways to make more money & save more money – then you’ve come to the right place.
Who Am I?
My name is Kelly and my main goal is to never have to set my alarm clock ⏰ again. My days in the corporate world are numbered since I told my boss recently that I want out *GASP*.
Oh did I mention that I just bought my very first home with a 30-year mortgage?
Anddddd I just happen to live in one of the most expensive cities in the US.
Crazy right? It would be if I hadn’t been planning this for a while.
THIS IS THE YEAR! NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE BOLD DECISIONS.
Ok…Let’s rewind to the beginning…
Within 30 days of my very first professional job – I knew I didn’t want to do it for the rest of my life. I spent the next 3 months looking into different careers but eventually gave up.
That was a decade ago…
Where did the time go?
I had over $130,000 in student loans and the thought of adding more to it was enough to stop me. Somehow I grew complacent. It’s hard to let go of the security blanket right?
I thought my only solution was more schooling. Blogging has opened my eyes to a whole new world of side hustling.
I was raised to live a very normal, boring life. Go to school, get your degree, work 9 to 5. Rinse and repeat.
A little About My Blogging Journey
I wanted to start a blog back in 2008, 2011, and again in 2013. Oh how I wish I did.
It wasn’t until 2017 that I came across a personal finance blog that just changed everything for me.
The duo bloggers are your average Joe and Jane that made a comfortale living, but they managed to accumulate over $1mil USD. They quit their jobs to travel the world (now they’re back teaching others how to do it and getting paid handsomely for it).
I was so inspired! That’s exactly what I want to do with my life! Why didn’t I think of that before?
The very next blog I came across was Making Sense of Cents. I was mesmerized reading her income reports. Is this for real?
I honestly never thought about escaping the 9-to-5. I thought this was how I was supposed to live my life. These books and Making Sense of Cents blog changed my whole view.
Don’t get me wrong. I’ve always been good with money but I just didn’t know how to make my money work for me. Within 2 weeks of discovering their blogs, I finished the 3 books, started to invest, and started my own blog.
My goal is to eventually quit my 9-to-5 (happening soon). To anyone that is telling you that you can’t do it (especially if that someone is your inner voice), don’t listen to it! You can do anything you put your mind to it.
I have so many projects for
2019 2020. Leaving the corporate world is scary, but I think I’m ready for it. I’m excited to start new projects (I will tell you more about these later on) and work harder on current one (my blog).
Check out my Resouces page if you haven’t already!
My Most Popular Posts
- How I Made $205.92 Blogging (First Income Report)
- 65+ Ways to Make Extra Money in 2019
- 12 Highest Paid Online Surveys for 2019 (up to $50/survey)
- 10 Easy Ways to Get Free Gift Cards
- 10 Best Ways to Make Money From Home
Work At Home (WAH) Jobs
- 15 Legit Companies Offering Virtual Assistant Jobs
- 16 Online Transcription Jobs for Beginners
- 30 Work at Home Proofreading Jobs for Beginners
- How to Teach English Online Without Experience (up to $31/hr)
- How to Work From Home as a Bookkeeper (up to $60/hr)
- 10 Easy Ways to Save $5,000 in 2019
- How to Save Up to 40% with Every Day Purchases with Ebates
- 10 Ways to Save Money on Medications
- How to Start a Blog in Less Than 30 Minutes
- 12 Best Affiliate Programs for New Bloggers
- How to Come Up With the Perfect Blog Name
- 10 Biggest Blogging Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- SiteGround vs Bluehost Review: Which One Made My Site A lot Faster
If you want to connect, just drop me a quick email! I’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter!