Hello friends! It has been awhile since I last worked on my blog and there are so many things that I want to update you on!
I started this journey/blog hoping to one day quit my 9-to-5 and it FINALLY HAPPENED! Although I am not making my full-time income from blogging, but through this journey of F.I.R.E (financial independent, retire early), I have discovered so many other ways to make money and leave the rat race (hopefully for good).
I have so much free time now that I even picked up a new hobby! LEARN CHINESE! Yes, it doesn’t sound like much of a hobby, but it’s something that I never would have even imagined doing when I was so busy working.
So whatever you’re trying to do, just remember that it might not work the first try or even second or third, but if you keep at it, it eventually will.
Welcome to Fatten The Wallet. As the name might suggest, this blog is anything money 💰related. If you’re looking for ways to make more money, save more money, or get out of debt – then you’ve come to the right place.
Let’s get to know each other!
I’m Kelly and my goal is to never have to set my alarm clock ⏰ again.
I have been side hustling for as long as I can remember, but I just didn’t know that was what I was doing. While I make a great living with my full-time job, I still love making extra money on the side. There is just something satisfying about it.
I thought about quitting my job many times over the years to focus on my side hustles full-time, but for now, I still like the stable pay, unlimited OT, 401k match, stock option, health insurance, 5 weeks of vacation, and not to mention I get to work from home.
Kinda hard to walk away from all that benefits. But the ultimate goals are more time and freedom.
A little About My Blogging Journey
I wanted to start a blog back in 2008, 2011, and again in 2013.
But it wasn’t until 2017 that I came across a personal finance blog that just changed everything for me.
The duo bloggers are your average Joe and Jane that made a comfortable living, but they managed to accumulate over $1mil USD. They quit their jobs to travel the world (now they’re back teaching others how to do it and getting paid handsomely for it).
I was so inspired! That’s exactly what I want to do with my life! Why didn’t I think of that before?
The very next blog I came across was Making Sense of Cents. I was mesmerized reading her income reports. Is this for real?
Everything just clicked.
I honestly never thought about escaping the 9-to-5. I thought this was how I was supposed to live my life. These books and Making Sense of Cents blog changed my whole view.
Don’t get me wrong. I’ve always been good with money but I just didn’t know how to make my money work for me. Within 2 weeks of discovering their blogs, I finished the 3 books, started to invest, and started my own blog.
So join me in this journey as we work towards having more time and freedom while making money!
If you haven’t already, check out my Resouces page!
My Most Popular Posts
- 65+ Ways to Make Extra Money in 2020
- 12 Highest Paid Online Surveys for 2020 (up to $50/survey)
- 10 Easy Ways to Get Free Gift Cards
- 10 Best Ways to Make Money From Home
Work At Home (WAH) Jobs
- 15 Legit Companies Offering Virtual Assistant Jobs
- 16 Online Transcription Jobs for Beginners
- 30 Work at Home Proofreading Jobs for Beginners
- How to Teach English Online Without Experience (up to $31/hr)
- How to Work From Home as a Bookkeeper (up to $60/hr)
- 10 Easy Ways to Save $5,000 in 2020
- How to Save Up to 40% with Every Day Purchases with Ebates
- 10 Ways to Save Money on Medications
- How to Start a Blog in Less Than 30 Minutes
- 12 Best Affiliate Programs for New Bloggers
- How to Come Up With the Perfect Blog Name
- 10 Biggest Blogging Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- SiteGround vs Bluehost Review: Which One Made My Site A lot Faster
If you want to connect, just drop me a quick email! I’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter!