Sweatcoin is a popular app that rewards its users for walking and exercising. It has gained a lot of attention from fitness enthusiasts and people looking for an easy way to earn rewards for their physical activity.
I have been using Sweatcoin since 2018 and in this article, I will provide a detailed review of Sweatcoin, including its features, rewards, and overall effectiveness as a fitness tool.
If you’re anything like me, you probably don’t really enjoy exercising even though you know it’s good for you. However, I do love side hustling and making extra money on the side.
So when I heard there was an app that can help me accomplish both things (exercise while getting paid for it), I was intrigued.
I should warn you that you won’t be able to make a ton of money with this app, but if it can motivate you to walk and allow you to earn some money, then it’s worth looking into.
Let’s dive into this Sweatcoin review and see if it’s even worth your time.
What is Sweatcoin?
Sweatcoin is a free mobile app that tracks your steps and rewards you with digital currency, called Sweatcoins.
The more steps you take, the more Sweatcoins you earn. Once you have earned enough Sweatcoins, you can redeem them for a variety of rewards, including discounts on products and services, gift cards, cash, and more.
How Does Sweatcoin Work?
Sweatcoin used to only track outdoor steps by using the phone’s GPS as a way to confirm the steps. This was a big disadvantage for people that used treadmills to walk indoors. But since 2020, Sweatcoin had changed to count both indoor and outdoor steps.
Getting started on Sweatcoin is as easy as 1,2,3.
1. Download The App
First, you need to download the app and create an account on your smartphone.
2. Start Walking
Once you’ve set up the app, you can start earning SWC by walking. For every 1,000 steps, you will earn 1 SWC (Sweatcoin takes a 5% commission).
So if you walk 10,000 steps a day you will earn 9.5 SWC.
Something to keep in mind, there is a limit of 10,000 steps per day for the free version. Unless you’re training for a marathon, the free version is more than enough.
3. Redeem Coins For Rewards
The rewards are constantly changing and I have seen some expensive rewards in the marketplace.
You can redeem your coins for a number of things such as restaurant discounts, gift cards, holiday vouchers, and even amazing products like iPhone, Apple Watch, or even a 5-day trip to Paris!
How Does Sweatcoin Make Money?
There are a few ways for Sweatcoin to make money:
- Funding – The app was launched in 2016 with the help of generous investors who share the same vision as the people behind Sweatcoin. The investors in turn get a piece of the company with the hope of making a return on their investment.
- Brand Partners – The rewards on Sweatcoins come from brands and those brands pay to be featured in the marketplace.
- Ads – The ‘Daily Bonus’ feature in the Sweatcoin app gives you a random number of Sweatcoins in exchange for watching an ad. Sweatcoin makes money each time you watch one of these ads.
- Premium Membership – You have the option to upgrade your membership by paying $4.99/month (or $24.99/year) for added perks and benefits.
Free vs Premium Membership
I have been using the free version since 2018 and for most people, the free version is more than sufficient.
- Can convert up to 10,000 steps per day (~10 SWC)
- Redeem SWC in standard marketplace and auctions
Premium Membership (costs $4.99 USD/month or $24.99 USD/year)
- Earn 2x the SWC per step (1,000 steps = 2 SWC)
- Earn unlimited daily SWC (no daily cap)
- Access to a premium marketplace
- Get your charity donations doubled by Sweatcoin
- Get premium app icons
Ways To Earn Sweatcoins
There are 3 ways to earn Sweatcoins:
- Walking/Running – You can walk up to 10,000 steps a day to earn 9.5 SWC for the free version.
- Daily Bonus – Sweatcoin has daily bonuses where you can earn anywhere from 0 to 1000 SWC by watching a short ad and spinning for the prize. You get 3 chances a day to try.
- Invite Friends – For every friend you invite, you’ll earn 5 SWC. With 20 invites, you will automatically join the Sweatcoin Influencer club, which gives you access to exclusive Sweatcoin rewards and cash.
How to Become a Sweatcoin Influencer?
Once you have referred 20 new users to Sweatcoin, you will automatically become a Sweatcoin influencer.
As mentioned above, by being a Sweatcoin influencer, you’ll gain access to the Influencer Hub, which has exclusive rewards. These rewards include cash rewards paid via PayPal or bank transfer.
The minimum payout and the number of invites needed have changed over the years, but the current minimum payout is $30 after 40 invites.
The more people you invite, the more you earn. Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc. would be great starting places to invite friends and family to join.
What Else Can You Spend Sweatcoin On?
Other than PayPal cash, you can also spend your Sweatcoin in the marketplace.
The marketplace offers a variety of things such as gift cards, consumer goods (smartphones, games, etc), discounts on memberships for well-known apps, and travel items (cheaper flight tickets, hotel rooms, etc).
The offers are constantly changing and if you don’t see something you like, just continue to accumulate points to save up for something really nice.
Is Sweatcoin Legit?
Yes! Sweatcoin is 100% legit and not a scam.
You will get paid to walk with Sweatcoin, but don’t expect to get rich from it. The whole point of the app is to motivate you to walk while offering small rewards.
Is Sweatcoin Safe?
Sweatcoin is safe.
The Sweatcoin app has improved significantly in the last couple of years. You no longer need to constantly have GPS running in the background for the app to work properly.
I have been using the app since 2018 and have never had a problem with it.
Sweatcoin Pros & Cons
Is Sweatcoin Worth It?
The big question now is: Is Sweatcoin worth it?
Sweatcoin is an effective fitness tool for people looking for a simple way to track their steps and earn rewards for their physical activity. However, Sweatcoin is not going to make you rich and some users found that the rewards available through Sweatcoin are not always worth the effort.
If you want to give Sweatcoin a try, you can sign up here and start walking today!